Will You Be A Victim Of The Flu?
According to Harvard Health Publishing, “Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle.” Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies.
Here I share six ways to boost your immune system during the flu season.
- Get enough sleep- most people require 7-8 hours a day, although everyone’s requirements are different
- Maintaining a healthy diet- eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, healthy oils, and fiber. Use non-GMO and non-hybridized foods, organic, grass-fed meats, free-range poultry, and eggs
- Regular exercise and physical activity- maintain some form of activity on a regular basis; walking, yoga, kickbox, lifting weights, biking, running
- Decrease stress- everyone handles their stress very differently. Learn how to control the way you respond to your stress. Things like meditation, visualization, and yoga can help reduce the physiological responses like increase adrenaline and cortisol
- Don’t smoke- cigarette smoke has so many toxins I couldn’t possibly list them but it is a known fact smoking has a negative effect on the immune system
- Don’t drink alcohol- it creates more physiological stress for the liver and kidneys